An event by NC Communications | Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011
A big note of thanks to John Miller, Patty and Jeff Baird, Slow Food Lake Tahoe, the Shaw Family, Jocelyn Maddux from Lone Buffalo Vineyards and everyone who participated! Evening highlights included . . .
• John Miller, http://www.millerhoneyfarms.com/MillerHoney/Home.html
• The beekeepers lament: How one man (John Miller!) and half a billion honey bees help feed America
• Honey Stinger (energy chews and more!) - http://www.honeystinger.com/
• Project Apis m - A new vision to fund honey bee research on managed colonies
• “Queen of the Sun: What are the bees telling us?” - 10 things you can do for bees
• Shaw Family Farm - http://www.shawfamilyfarm.com/
• Nevada County Beekeeper’s Association - http://www.countryrubes.com/nevadacobeekeepersassociation/membershipsignup.html
• Kings Beach Common Ground – Find out about plans for the new Pollinator Park in Kings Beach, CA
• Slow Food Lake Tahoe – Upcoming events and Slow Food highlights and news
We're planning additional social and thought provoking events with a focus on our surroundings, the environment and sustainability. Please contact NC Communications with comments, feedback and to suggest follow-up and new program ideas.