Whether you are a long time resident, business owner, manager or newcomer interested in bettering your community, you will find interesting dialogue, proven models and effective strategies at the three-day conference held at Granlibakken. In addition to an incredible schedule and speaker line up, there are a variety of pre-conference offerings including training sessions designed just for organization and community leaders and managers as well as an energy retro fit tour at Granlibakken, guided hike and launch of the first ever Sierra Climate Adaptation Mitigation Partnership.
What is it? Sierra Business Council's first conference in five years - a time to connect and plan for better Sierra Nevada communities for current and future generations.
When and where is it? Wednesday, Oct. 8- Friday, Oct. 10,Granlibakken in Tahoe City, CA
Who's coming? Community and business leaders from throughout the Sierra.
Who's presenting / speaking?
- Terry Tempest Williams will be interviewed following a Washoe blessing and place based readings by Adventure Risk Challenge high school students on Oct. 8
- CNN Crossfire co-host and Ny Times best selling author Van Jones will offer inspiration during a call to action talk on the morning of Oct. 10
- Dr. Peter Gleick will moderate in-depth discussion on leveraging the Sierra's treasured resources
- Successful sustainable leaders from Patagonia and The Burning Man Project will share insights for new and established business owners and managers and active residents
- Acclaimed photographer Gordon Wiltsie will deepen your love of the Sierra landscape and experience with a visually rich presentation during the Sierra Vision Awards on Oct. 9
How much does it cost? $499 through Aug. 15 than registration jumps $100. Register here.
Discounted lodging offered through Granlibakken. You will receive a lodging discount code after registering for the conference.
Learn more and register at SierraBusiness.org.